Our goal at Planet WP is to be the leading source for all things WordPress – the world’s most popular web publishing platform. We frequently publish WordPress resource articles written by our in-house editorial team, along with occasional guest posts from WordPress experts. We warmly welcome new partnerships with guest bloggers. If you think you have it what it takes, then read on and we’ll let you what exactly we’re looking for and how to become a Planet WP guest blogger.
Why Guest Post?
Guest posting on our site is a great way to share your expert wisdom, advice, and tips with the WordPress community. After all, sharing is caring. Additionally, a featured guest post with great content can establish authority and improve your brand image.
Write For Us
If you’re reading this then congratulations, you’re on your way to becoming part of a group of elite guest bloggers that enjoy engaging with our already-established and growing client base. Before proceeding, ensure that you’re a good match by reviewing the specific topics we’re looking for and our guest posting guidelines.
Topics We’re Looking For
We’re looking for insightful information and expert tips around the following WordPress-related topics:
- “How to” (step-by-step) guides
- Expert “Best” recommendations (e.g. 12 Best Themes for…)
- Basic WordPress functions and features
- Fixing errors and addressing common issues
- Intermediate coding solutions (php, css, html)
- Maintenance, speed, and security
- Increased convenience and ease-of-use
- Content marketing and planning
- Membership sites
- Performance improvements
- Write for WordPress users. Your article should feature insanely useful and engaging content that is perceived as valuable to our audience.
- Show them how! Offer practical how-to information that WordPress users can benefit from. Guide them through processes step-by-step.
- Deliver aha moments. Tell and show the reader something they don’t already know.
- Be prescriptive. Don’t just tell readers to do something. Explain how.
- Avoid redundancy. Write unique and fresh content. Search our blog to ensure that we haven’t already covered the topic in another article.
- Engage and enrich readers. Your article should be long enough to keep users engaged, but not so long that they lose interest or have difficulty finding what they’re looking for. Shoot for 1,000-2,000 words.
- Don’t self-promote. This is not an ad. Avoid directly promoting yourself, your product, or company in the article. Save that for your author bio. If you have a Wordress related blog, we’ll allow you to backlink to your blog contingent upon approval.
- Be yourself. Use a friendly voice as you would normally in conversation with a friend.
- Give credit where credit is due. Use facts and quotations (if applicable). Cite your sources.
- Be legit. Ensure that your post does not violate any copyright laws.
- Be responsive. Stick around and promptly respond to comments on the post.
Guest Posting Process
Step 1: Email Request
In order for write for us, you must first submit a request. Please send an email to our editor-in-chief at [email protected] Start the subject line with “GUEST POST” in all caps followed by your full name.
In the body of the email you must include:
- The title of the post – The title must be concise and include keywords related to your articles content.
- A bulleted outline – Summarize the key talking points of your post in a short list.
- Value statement – Write a short power statement that accurately describes how Planet WP readers will benefit from your post
- One interlink – Include at least one link to another Planet WP article that you will use to supplement your points and state why (e.g. Since I am writing about SEO, I will create a link to Planet WP’s blog post entitled: “A Beginner’s Guide to WordPress SEO”).
- Example posts – Provide us with two links to your best posts.
Step 2: Register Your Account
Once we’ve accepted your post proposal, we’ll send you a registration link to create a Guest Blogger account in WordPress. Jot down your username and password for future reference.
Step 3: Submit Your Post for Review
Log into the Planet WP WordPress account using your username and password. Select Posts > Add New from the left-side navigation menu. Add your unformatted text in the WordPress Post Editor.
Your post must:
- Be unformatted text
- Not include images. Send a separate email to [email protected] with links to the images and where you want them placed.
- Have a killer title that is representative of your content
- Include compelling introduction that outlines the content and makes the reader want to read further.
- Be easy to read. Use headings, subheadings, and bulleted lists where appropriate.
- Include a conclusion followed by a call to action.
- Be a minimum of 1,000 words long.
- Be written in the style of writing we prefer.
- Have links to at least one post already published on Planet WP.
- Have an author bio at the end (no more than 50 words).
Thanks again for your interest in guest posting on the Planet WP blog. We look forward to receiving your email request for consideration!
Note: Planet WP retains the copyright of all material published on our website. Your guest post must remain unique to Planet WP. Approved guest posters are not allowed to republish their unique Planet WP guest post elsewhere.